Truck accidents often cause serious or catastrophic injuries that can progress to permanent or long-term disability. Hiring a Gainesville truck accident attorney can increase the likelihood that you will recover the compensation you deserve and enough compensation to cover long-term medical expenses.
Gainesville is home to the University of Florida, a regional airport, many businesses and residential population. Therefore, many trucks use Gainesville's roads to deliver products to the university, stores and supermarkets. While no one plans to have a truck accident, it can happen, especially when one city has more truck traffic than others.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, contact anGainesville Truck Accident Lawyeras soon as possible for a free assessment of your case. You can contact us at any time.
table of contents
- Why Choose Dolman Law Group, PA, Casualty Injury Lawyers in Gainesville
- Truck Accident Compensation in Gainesville
- Florida truck accident statistics
- Truck Accidents in Gainesville, FL
- work with insurers
- Contact our Gainesville truck accident lawyers today
- Common questions
Why Choose Dolman Law Group, PA Injury Lawyers in Gainesville, FL
Accidental Injury Lawyers at Dolman Law Group, PA, inGainesville, Flórida, has experience representing people injured in truck accidents. Over the years, we've recoveredmillion in compensationfor our customers
Two examples include a $3.85 million settlement for a truck accident in which the plaintiff suffered a brain injury and a $3.2 million settlement for another truck accident in which the plaintiff suffered a brain injury. While we do not guarantee any results, the accident injury attorneys at Dolman Law Group, PA are here to help.
Most accident cases are complex, but truck accidents are even more complex due to the number of defendants who may share responsibility. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, looks at each case individually and reviews your medical records to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Even if you are still in the hospital, we can meet with you, in person or virtually. We understand that it is sometimes difficult to travel when you are injured, so we can conduct a virtual assessment of your case while you recover at home. Our case evaluations are always free and without obligation.
If you've been injured in a truck accident, you need someone to help you recover the compensation you deserve based on your injuries. Instead of worrying about getting enough money back, let's deal with that stress so you can focus on healing. Contact the accident injury attorneys at Dolman Law Group, PA for a free case evaluation.
Truck Accident Compensation in Gainesville
The amount you can recover for a truck accident depends on the severity of the accident and who is liable for damages. In some cases, the truck driver is not solely responsible. The trucking company, trucking mechanic, inspector, or even an independent truck owner who leases his truck to the driver may assume some responsibility for your injuries and other damages.
Florida allows you to recover two types of damages: compensatory and punitive damages. The court orders compensatory damages, which include economic and non-economic damages, as a means of restoring its integrity. The court only orders punitive damages if the defendant's actions were negligent or deliberate.
Sometimes called special damages, economic damages have a monetary value and include:
- medical expenses: Doctor's appointments, surgeries, follow-up visits, prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, outpatient aids, vehicle hand checks, and home upgrades including wider doors, handrails, grab bars, and wheelchair ramps. You may also recoup the costs of cognitive therapy, physical therapy, physical and occupational therapy, home rehabilitation expenses, and home medical care.
- Income: You can receive lost wages from the time of the accident until the time you settle or receive a trial award. You can recoup future loss of earning capacity for as long as you are unable to work, including up to such time as you would normally retire.
- personal property: Those in vehicle accidents, including truck accidents, may recover compensation to replace or repair destroyed or damaged personal property, including their vehicle and anything of value in the vehicle.
- Expenses related to death: You can also recover funeral and burial costs, cremation expenses and certain probate cases. You may also recover attorney fees and probate expenses.
Sometimes called general damages, non-economic damages have no monetary value and include:
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress.
- Loss of quality of life if you have to make lifelong changes, such as taking prescription drugs or using mobility aids, due to injuries caused by the accident.
- Loss of companionship if you can no longer enjoy time with your family, including sitting down as a family to dinner or participating in family activities and events.
- Loss of marriage if you can no longer have a physical relationship with your spouse.
- Loss of use of a body part, such as a hand, or a bodily function, such as eyesight.
- Inconvenience if you have to hire someone to do the tasks you normally do, such as lawn maintenance, grocery shopping, home repair and maintenance, or house cleaning.
- Amputation of a finger or limb.
- Excessive scarring and/or disfigurement.
It is difficult and time consuming to recover punitive damages. However, in some cases, it's worth the extra time. The court only orders punitive damages to punish the defendant; these damages do not heal it.
You can only recover punitive damages if the court orders compensatory damages. Florida requires an additional judgment if you are seeking punitive damages. You must complete the first part to see if you can recover compensatory damages. If possible, the court, with the same judge and jury, determines whether the defendant must pay punitive damages.
You can only recover punitive damages if the court finds that the defendant committed intentional or negligent acts or omissions. Your attorney will review the defendant's actions or inactions to determine whether you should seek punitive damages in court.
Florida truck accident statistics
Florida sees the end400,000 shipwrecks per year. Of these, about 3,750 are fatal and 2,530 result in injuries. The Gainesville area sees about 5,200 accidents a year, with about 57 fatal accidents and 3,650 injuries.
Cities like Gainesville are more prone to accidents, including truck accidents, due to the number of people and trucks in the city, especially during the fall through spring when college students are in town.
In addition to state regulations, truck drivers must also comply with federal regulations, includingopening hours. Truck drivers sometimes ignore federal rules to deliver a load on time, especially if they get stuck in traffic jams or have to wait longer to load or unload. Ignoring state and federal regulations often leads to more truck accidents.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA has experience dealing with truck accidents, including all federal regulations that truck drivers must follow. If a truck driver's negligent behavior caused the accident that caused your injuries, you may be able to recover damages from the driver and possibly the haulage company and others.
However, you must take legal action within a specific time frame. Florida statutes give you up tofour yearsTake legal action for a truck accident. However, the sooner you contact a truck accident attorney, the better your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve. Evidence tends to disappear after a few days, evidence that may be needed to prove that the truck driver was at fault.
Truck Accidents in Gainesville, FL
The severity of truck accidents depends on several factors, including speed, whether the truck is full or empty, and several other factors.
Some types of truck accidents include:
- frontal collisions: A truck or other vehicle leaves your lane and is traveling in the opposite direction in the other lane.
- rear collisions: A truck may rear-end a driver stopping in front of the truck, or rear-end a driver if the truck driver is not paying attention or is unable to stop due to a mechanical or medical condition.
- side scan collisions: other vehicles can run into the side of a truck as easily as a truck can scrape them. Sometimes the weather can push a trailer sideways in a jackknife situation where the trailer hits a vehicle from the side. In other cases, the side collision is caused by the truck driver or vehicle driver driving recklessly.
- turning bumps: If truck drivers misjudge a turn, they could run over the property or another vehicle with the trailer.
- Blind Spot Collisions: In most cases, vehicles involved in blind spot collisions share responsibility with the truck driver. A truck has significant blind spots. After a driver checks all of his blind spots, a vehicle can stop in an already checked blind spot.
- scroll collisions: These collisions occur when the wind blows over a trailer or the truck driver takes a turn too fast.
Injuries in Truck Accidents
The injuries you can sustain in a truck accident depend on many factors, including speed, how the truck hits you, the weight of the truck and its load, what the truck is carrying, and other factors.
Injuries can include:
- Bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes and scratches.
- Entorses e entorses.
- Pulled and torn muscles and other soft tissue injuries.
- Internal injuries.
- Simple and compound fractures.
- Crushed bones and other crush injuries.
- Head, neck and shoulder injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Back and spinal cord injuries.
- Chemical and thermal burns.
- Eruption on the road.
work with insurers
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit. This means they don't like paying claims and may do anything to deny a claim. Other than that, they might offer you as little as possible, which is what they think you'll accept, so off you go.
Even your insurance company will not look out for your best interests, no matter how loyal you are to it. All that matters is the insurance company's bottom line. Therefore, we prefer to call the insurer to start the claim process for you.
However, if you call the insurance company, you must provide your name, policy number, date and location of the truck accident, and contact information for your attorney. Don't try to explain anything to the insurer. One of his tricks is to twist what you say to use it against you. You may think you haven't said anything the insurance company could use against you, but you'll find a way.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, works with all types of insurance companies, large and small. We know all the tricks of the insurance company. Also, the insurer knows that when you hire a lawyer, they are more likely to take your case to court and offer a fair and reasonable settlement during initial negotiations.
Even if the insurer refuses to settle fairly and reasonably, many will reopen negotiations once you file a lawsuit. Going to court is very expensive for the insurer, especially if you lose; not only do you have to pay your expensive lawyers, but you would also have to pay your attorney.
If you've been injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, you need an attorney with experience in state and federal trucking laws to seek the compensation you deserve.
Recovering the compensation you deserve after a truck accident means negotiations with one or more defendants or a complex court case. Since big trucks are commercial and heavy vehicles, you could suffer catastrophic injuries and face more than one defendant.
Dolman Law Group, PA accident attorneys can help you seek the compensation you deserve from all defendants responsible for your injuries or the loss of your loved one.
Rather than trying to deal with the stress of battling insurance companies while trying to recover or grieve the loss of a loved one, let the accident attorneys at Dolman Law Group, PA handle the insurance companies involved. You can focus on recovering from injuries or taking care of your loved one's business.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident near Gainesville, Florida, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, for a free case evaluation at833-552-7274(833-55-CRASH) ocontact usthrough our website.
“AWESOME and supportive lawyers! My case went very well and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group, PA accident injury attorneys to anyone who has been injured in an accident."
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews atGoogle!