Founded in 1907, United Parcel Service (UPS) is a leading provider of shipping services and the largest of the three giants (the others are DHL and FedEx). UPS offers a wide range of offerings such as supply chain, freight, and even a retail store in addition to delivery. The Atlanta-based airline has more than 120,000 vehicles in its delivery fleet and is best known for its ground transportation services.
Despite its huge fleet and state-of-the-art tracking systems and delivery methods, your customers' packages shipped with UPS can be delayed or even lost in transit. But UPS strives to provide impeccable service every time, so they offer a money-back guarantee on most services.Guaranteed Service Reimbursement (GSR)Policy.
Shippers who have experienced service interruptions and billing errors from UPS can request a refund of their shipping costs. But before filing UPS claims, here's something to better understand the GSR so we can better collect UPS refunds.
Understanding the UPS Guaranteed Money Back Guarantee (GSR).
Just as major food suppliers advertise today. UPS GSR simply means that UPS owes the shipper a refund of shipping costs if the order is delivered after the scheduled delivery time/date.
UPS Guaranteed Service Refund (GSR) is part of the shipping contract that requires UPS to refund 100% of the shipping cost if package delivery is delayed by up to 60 seconds, except in exceptional circumstances (natural disasters, weather delays, etc.) .).
Now that we're familiar with the basics of the GSR, let's dive into how you can submit claims to UPS.
How to Submit UPS Claims for Service Outages
- Go toSite da UPSand select "Submit a complaint" under the "Support" tab.
- Log in to your UPS account to submit a claim.
- Fill in the requested details such as tracking number, your status (sender, recipient, third party, etc.).
- Select the reason for the complaint - late delivery, lost package, etc.
- Upload any documentation or other evidence to support your claim (photos, proof of payment, product descriptions, etc.).
- Submit your claim
Or you can call the UPS Claims Support number at 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) and say "refund". Plus extension numbers are available formore specific stress demands.
While this sounds relatively easy, it's not always the case. The UPS manual claim submission process is really tedious for claiming refunds.
What makes manually filing UPS claims a hassle
The problem with manually filing UPS claims is simply the terms contained in the GSR policy, which intentionally make it difficult to obtain successful refunds.
The GSR policy is full of fine print provisions that you must strictly adhere to or your claims may be denied.
- First, make sure you have signed a GSR Waiver. This immediately prevents you from claiming refunds from UPS andit's not an efficient move either.
- Please allow 24 hours from the scheduled delivery time to request a refund for lost packages. There is a chance that your package will be delivered to your hands. However, you can immediately file refunds for late shipments (on select services).
- Refund requests must be submitted within 15 calendar days of the scheduled delivery date or the date specified in the tracking details or on your Proof of Delivery, whichever is later.
- In the case of lost packages (excluding incidents of lost packages in your garage, at a neighbor's house or pirates on the porch) you have less than 60 days from the delivery date to claim.
- When manually submitting refund requests, you must ensure that you have entered the correct information such as the recipient's name, address, shipping date, package weight, tracking number, etc. This can be tedious and time consuming.
- Sometimes the application process itself can take more than 10 days to complete.
- The GSR Money Back Guarantee does not apply to all destination packages and services covered by UPS. Check the legitimacy of your claim!
- You must submit all shipping documentation, including labels, in accordance with the UPS Labeling Guide.
- For international shipments, you must present the documentation required by the country of origin or destination to substantiate your case.
- If the package includes a Saturday delivery route label, that must also be included.
- The package must be delivered to UPS before the agreed collection time. Check the timestamps to ensure this.
- If the package requires further processing, you will not be entitled to a refund.
This is not everything! Your UPS claims can still be rejected withFine print terms and conditions.
The process of manually filing UPS claims is feasible IF you only ship one or two packages a month.
But if your bulk is something i.e. just remove more than that then you needA SOLUTION THAT CAN REALLY SCALE!
It's not that carriers like UPS don't have all the paperwork to make the process efficient. They intentionally do not make the claim process easy to discourage people from claiming the refund money they are entitled to.
So what's the smart way to claim UPS refunds?
What many business owners don't realize is that unclaimed UPS refunds are just money on the table. That money amounts to over $3 billion annually. But what should be most important to you is this: the experts say you canReduce your shipping budget by up to 20%when you claim all refunds to which you are entitled.
Large companies have their own processes for automating the reimbursement process. But what are all the other companies doing?
Most SMBs don't have the bandwidth or money to invest in an in-house claims processing team. Here LateShipment.com has your solution.
If you probably didn't know before, we are oneautomated package verification and shipment refund tool🇧🇷 All you need to do is integrate this tool into your existing shipping workflows while you can focus on your core business functions.
How LateShipment.com can help you claim UPS refunds [and save up to 20% on your shipping cost]
First, we help companies like yours keep it simple, hold your carrier accountable, and ensure you don't lose money that's rightfully yours.
LateShipment.com automatically scans your shipping invoices and identifies over 50 UPS shipping errors such as lost and damaged packages, incorrect charges, etc. to ensure maximum refund.
Additionally, regularly monitoring and requesting refunds on your claims dashboard can help you get better performance from your carrier and result in more successful last-mile deliveries.
Not just UPS, LateShipment.com also helps you file claims and refunds from all major carriers like DHL, FedEx, Purolator... to name a few.
LateShipment.com's refund process allows you to focus on your core business functions by analyzing each shipment you ship, identifying late shipments that are eligible for a refund, and logging complaints with supporting documentation.
We also follow procedure and make sure you get a refund as soon as possible.
the best part isLateShipment.com has asimple application process, which takes less than 2 minutes to start requesting refunds.
- Create a LateShipment.com account
- Add your carrier credentials.
That is all! We'll take it from here.
The value we bring to companies is most evident when we experience it firsthand.
Sign up at LateShipment.com.
Let UPS pay what's rightfully yours.
UPS Claims FAQ
1. Can I get a refund if UPS is late?
Yes, UPS promises on-time delivery for many types of services, including delayed, damaged, lost, and 50 others. If your package is delayed even 60 seconds, you are entitled to a full refund.
2. How long does it take to get a refund from UPS?
The UPS claim process can take an average of 10-15 days, depending on the service failure.
3. How do I file a claim with UPS?
Look for manual claimshere🇧🇷 To have an automated claim processSign up at LateShipment.comand automatically submit refund requests for eligible packages.
4. I am the recipient, can I request a refund from UPS for damaged goods, lost packages, etc.?
The shipper or receiver can file a claim for a lost or damaged package, although UPS encourages the shipper to report problems with the package.